For the past 25 years, James Fawcett has been a leader in the fields of coastal management, coastal land development and seaport planning. He also has wide experience in policy development and implementation in complex urban settings. Among his many accomplishments, he has:
- Managed the planning division of an entrepreneurial public agency in its development of 800 acres of public land in a major U.S. population center.
- Managed comprehensive planning efforts at Marina del Rey (California), the largest man-made marina in the world.
- Represented clients before myriad public agencies.
- Negotiated with the public over a wide range of land development issues.
- Developed plans for coastal land development in a highly regulated coastal zone.
- Managed development of public infrastructure in a densely populated urban environment.
- Lectured extensively to domestic and international audiences on land development and port management in coastal areas.
- Taught university undergraduates and graduate students in schools of Urban Planning, Business, Public Administration and Marine Affairs in the fields of urban planning, real estate development and coastal and ocean policy.
His consulting practice now makes this experience available to advise developers, public agencies, investors, the legal community and citizen's groups so that they may more effectively articulate their interests in matters of urban land development.